Sunday March 21, 7:12am
A final conditions assessment was done at 6:30am this morning and the final course configuration for today has now been confirmed.
This course is more manageable for our Surf Life Saving teams in these conditions and therefore a safer course for all swimmers in all distances.
All courses start and finish at Mooloolaba Spit and all course distances will still be offered.
Our Check-in Site will also be located at Mooloolaba Spit.
*Time Change: the 1.6km Moololaba Mile now starts at 11:00am (was 11:30am)
Event Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MooloolabaMile
The Park and Go carpark on Brisbane Road offers all day parking at reasonable rates.
There is a combination of 2 hour parking and all day parking along Parkyn Parade, but these are limited and it may be congested here.
Health & Safety Advice from QLD Government
- Please stay at home if you are unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath.
- Please seek assistance from our event staff or onsite medical team if you are becoming unwell during the event
- Please maintain physical distancing requirements at all times – this is EVERY individual’s responsibility
The Event Site
- Every swimmer MUST check-in using our QR Codes when they enter the event site to collect race items on event day.
- Our Event Site is for SWIMMERS ONLY. We kindly ask any Friends & Family, who travel with you to the region, to enjoy the wider Mooloolaba village and surrounding open spaces
- Each distance has an allocated timeframe to enter the event site on Mooloolaba Beach, collect a race cap & timing chip, then assemble and start the event
- Outside of your event times, we ask that you enjoy the wider Mooloolaba village and surrounding open spaces – please don’t congregate around the event site as we are trying to reduce congestion here
- Parents / Guardians are permitted in the event site if a swimmer is under 18 years of age, EG: one parent is permitted with a swimmer in the 800m event
- There is a designated bag drop tent for each distance inside the event site, so after you check-in, drop your bags here, assemble at the Start Area, then collect your bag when you finish.
- Safety Briefings will be held 5 mins prior to each event in the Start Area
- Familiarise yourself with our online course maps & program, so you do not need to queue at the event to view signage
- We’ll have a collection point for disposable masks in our Start Area, so if you wish, you can wear a disposable mask right up until you swim
- If you wish to do a warm-up swim before your event, you’ll need to do this before you enter the event site. Access to and from our Start Area will be restricted for official event start’s only.