Presented by:



Competitor Update



Hi Swimmers,

Thank you for your patience over the past week as we have all come to terms with a very challenging new way of life.

We have now made the decision to postpone SWIM THE GOLD COAST until Spring 2020 (September Date TBC).  

With the event still 10 weeks away, we did not want to make a decision until we had clear direction from experts, at both State Government and our health authorities.  

SWIM THE GOLD COAST is an event that could have safely adapted to operate within the initial group gathering restrictions. However, the impact on your ability to train and travel is growing daily, making it increasingly difficult for anyone to prepare adequately.

We realize how disappointing a postponement is for you, but it’s important to us that the inaugural event is a really memorable experience for our competitors – we all need to be giving some high-fives on that finish line!  Hopefully that can be the case very soon at all events.

Below is an update on entries going forward:

  • All entries will be automatically transferred to the new date
  • Entrants can transfer categories without incurring change fees EG: Two Solo swimmers can form a Duo Team etc
  • International participants who are still impacted by travel restrictions on the new date can defer their entry to the 2021 event 
  • Solo & Team Entries will re-open temporarily to fill the vacated International spots
  • Surf Club IRBs will be approved as Support Boats for Duo Teams (in addition to Solo & Tandem Solo)
    • This will allow Solo swimmers forming Duo Teams to maintain their Support Crew arrangements, plus create an additional fundraising opportunity for local Surf Clubs
  • Please note, we cannot process any changes until a new date is confirmed

Please be assured that we are working with our partners to confirm a new date as soon as possible – this may take some time given the number of events that now need to reschedule.

Once a new date is announced, we will provide further information on all changes and entry options. Please contact your support crews to advise them of the postponement and the proposed rescheduling to September.

If you would like to get in touch, please email us at

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, it really is appreciated when we are all faced with so much uncertainty.

Team WSS

Event Partners

ENGINE Logo 600