Below are important safety reminders, please read carefully and contact World Series Swims if you would like further information.
- In the event of difficulty in the water, stop and raise your hand to identify yourself to surf life saving staff. If this is not possible, simply roll onto your back to float in a relaxed position.
- All swimmers understand that they should not compete in this event unless they have trained appropriately and a medical practitioner has verified their physical condition.
- Swimmers acknowledge that ocean swimming involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including but not limited to overexertion, dehydration, heart attack, accidents with other competitors, spectators, course or weather conditions and other causes.
- The following cut off times will be enforced for your safety: 1.25km 1 hour; 1.75km 1 hour 15 minutes
- Surf boats, surf ski paddlers and other boats will be patrolling the course for the duration of the event.
- Trained medical staff will be positioned at the Finish Area for the duration of the swim.
- A swimmer deemed incapable of completing the course may be brought to shore by water safety personnel at any time.
- In the event of witnessing an injury/accident during the swim, please report this to one of the safety crew on the water or on land as soon as possible.
- If you decide to pull out for any reason, please notify a clearly marked event official and return your timing chip to indicate your withdrawal.
- To ensure your safety, please be vigilant when swimming around buoys and passing other swimmers.
- Please give assistance to fellow competitors in need of help.
- Any competitor under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or guardian present on event day