COOLY CLASSIC POSTPONED
07:27, Friday April 8th
We have now made the decision to postpone the Cooly Classic to Sunday April 24.
This morning we assessed conditions at all course locations and they are currently unsafe to stage any events, even our contingency courses.
Surf conditions are also now expected to be consistent right through until Monday, so we feel it is very unlikely that they will improve enough for any events to proceed on Sunday.
The ability of our water safety teams to perform rescues safely is also severely impacted in heavy surf conditions like we’re experiencing – their ability to keep you safe is always a key consideration for our events.
We realise some of you may already be traveling to the Gold Coast and we apologise that a decision could not be made any sooner. We always want to give events every chance of going ahead, so we need to wait until we are within a 48 hour window to assess the conditions and forecast with some level of certainty.
If you would like to request a refund, please contact us: email@example.com
Thanks for your patience as we work through these changes!