A preliminary Event Handbook is now available for August 21.
We encourage you to share this Handbook with your Skipper, Paddler and all team members – everyone participating in the event.
Please note, a final version will be published on Monday August 16. This final version is what you should print and bring with you to the Safety Briefings and have onboard your Safety Boat on event day.
May 31, 2021
Well, what a devastating week it has been for everyone. Some of you have been preparing since October 2019 and have now had the event taken away from you for a second time.
We had also assembled our team on Wednesday and were ready to go – the finishers medals were unpacked, the merchandise folded and all support services were ready and waiting.
This is not the first time we’ve had to postpone an event because of extreme weather and it won’t be the last. The conditions across the weekend were a reminder that our playground can not only be a challenging place at times, but also a very dangerous one.
Below is some information regarding the new date, your entry and making changes (if required).
May 26, 2021
Unfortunately, today we are left with no option but to postpone Swim the Gold Coast to a later date in 2021. We’re devastated about this and we know you will be too.
There is currently some very large swell battering the Gold Coast and unfortunately, the peak is forecast to arrive this Saturday. This is also creating very dangerous conditions in the Gold Coast Seaway and Tweed River for boats and there have been several rescues over the past 24 hours.