Sunday March 21, 7:12am
A final conditions assessment was done at 6:30am this morning and the final course configuration for today has now been confirmed.
This course is more manageable for our Surf Life Saving teams in these conditions and therefore a safer course for all swimmers in all distances.
All courses start and finish at Mooloolaba Spit and all course distances will still be offered.
*Time Change: the 1.6km Moololaba Mile now starts at 11:00am (was 11:30am)
Below is a a course map of our Alternative Courses for today – this is a 750m loop.
As with any event in the ocean, we are at the mercy of the weather gods and therefore late course changes may be necessary. In the event of extreme weather we will endeavour to offer a shortened, alternative course so please do not assume that the event is cancelled completely if the forecast is less than ideal.
We will post updates on the Mooloolaba Mile Facebook page leading up to the event if extreme weather is expected.
If there are any significant changes to the venue or program due to weather, we will notify you as early as possible on the email address you have supplied during the entry process.